Goat cheese, cured ham, and cherry jam canape
Those canapes were prepared for the appetizer competition going on at Carina forum.
The name of the competition is "Appetizers: Maximum impact with minimum expenses" and the idea of it is to show how to prepare an amazing appetizer for 6 persons with just a few ingredients and without spending a fortune.
- 6 medium slices of Pumprenickel bread (could be substituted with your favorite bread)
- 100 g. soft goat cheese in a log (Buche de Chevre)
- 6 slices of cured ham (or cured duck breast)
- 2 tbsp cherry jam (black currant, lingonberry, or cranberry jam)
- Use a sharp knife to slice cheese into 6 circles.
- Toast bread slices, place a slice of cheese on top of each toast, cover it with a slice of cured pork and top it off with some cherry jam.
Usually I use Saint-Maure de Touraine, which is one of my favorite cheeses. You are welcomed to use your favorite. Same goes for cured ham. It can be substituted with turkey, grilled chicken breast, or just regular ham as long as the taste of meat does not overpower the cheese.