Molasses Cured Pork Fillet
- 250 ml beetroot molasses (sugarcane molasses, grape molasses, black treacle)
- 150-200 g coarse sea salt (to taste)
- 2-3 tbsp dried parsley leaves (to taste)
- 2-3 tbsp onion powder (to taste)
- 1 tbsp coarsely ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 DAY: Wash and pat the fillet. Place the fillet in a sealed bag (plastic container). Add 125 ml of molasses. Seal and shake well to completely coat meat with molasses. Refrigerate the meat for 24 hours (turning it once).
- 2 DAY: Take out the fillet form the fridge, place on the chopped bard, Sprinkle 75 g salt and rub the salt all over the meat. Return the meat in a plastic bag, seal, and re-coat with molasses. Refrigerate for 24 hours (turning twice).
- 3 DAY: Turn out the meet from a bag, rinse and pat dry. Place the fillet in a clean bag, add remaining salt and molasses. Rub the meat with salt and molasses. Seal the bag and return in the fridge for 48 hours (turning every each 12 hours).
- 6 DAY: Remove the meat from the curing mixture, rinse again and pat the meat dry. In a small bowl combine the black pepper, parsley and onion powder. Layer the mixture on the parchment paper, rub the mix into the meat. Fold the meat into a linen cloth or parchment paper and leave to hang in a cool place (fridge) up to 1 week or more (depends on you taste).