- In a bowl whisk Herman sourdough starter with the flour and water. Loosely cover and set in a warm place for 4 hours, or until doubled in size.
- 200 ml starter
- 350 g AP flour
- 210-230 ml luke warm water
- 1 ½ tsp salt (to taste)
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, starter and water. Using the dough hook mix for 3-4 minutes on minimum speed. Increase the speed to maximum and knead for 5-6 minutes. Add the salt at the end. The dough will result soft and sticky. Cover the bowl with lightly oiled plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Generously dust the worktop with flour. Turn the dough onto the worktop and dust the top of the dough with flour. Gently stretch the dough out into a rectangle. Cut into two equal pieces. Place each piece onto a piece of floured parchment paper leaving 10-12 cm between them. Lightly stretch it to give the slipper shape. Sprinkle with the flour and cover with the kitchen towel. Allow to rise for 7-8 hours, until at least doubled in size.
- Heat the oven with baking tray to 230ºC. Place the dish with the boiling water into the bottom of the oven.
- Line a baking try with parchment paper. Gently transfer the loaves to a hot baking try, turning them to 180º, so the floured side is up. Bake for 23-28 minutes. Turn off the oven, crack the door, and keep the loaves inside for another 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.