Crepes filled with shrimp and vegetables
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 300 ml unbleached AP flour
- 500 ml mineral water (sparkling)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- Beat together in a medium bowl: egg, water, salt, sugar. Sieve the flour and add to the egg mixture.
- Whisk egg whites until soft picks are formed and carefully add to the batter.
- Mix well until smooth. Allow the batter to sit and rest for about 30 minutes
- Make the crepes
- 300g shrimps, cooked and peeled
- 100g soybean sprouts
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 zucchini
- 4 inch leek (white part only)
- 3 stalks spring onion
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- cut the vegetables julienne
- Heat the oil and quickly stir-fry the shrimp. Take them out and allow to cool on a paper towel.
- Stir-fry the vegetables. Add soy sauce and cook one more minute. Put vegetables on a paper towel.
- Stuff the crepes and fold them into rolls, triangles, or envelopes.
Mineral water can be replaced by milk, egg white, or another egg.
I like to marinate the shrimps in orange juice with garlic before frying. It is very important not to overcook vegetables, they should stay crunchy. This dish is very tasty and light. Shrimp could be replaced by crab meat.